Any conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
Code of Conduct
Punishment - College Level
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
- Fine ranging between Rs. 25,000/- to Rs. 1 lakh.
- Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.
|1||Dr. Satish Joshi||Convener|
|2||Dr. Mamta Ratra||Member|
|3||Dr. Parul Kakaria||Member|
|4||Dr. Raman Nayyar||Member|
24 X 7 Anti Ragging Helpline